Your Hawkes Bay Mountain Bike Club membership is also your permit for access into a privately owned forest in the Hawkes Bay, within the greater Pan Pac Tangoio Forest (Pan Pac Eskdale MTB Park).
Membership will provide you with 24/7 access into the park for up to 12 months (depending on when you join, with the membership year July 1 – June 30).
Other benefits of joining the club include:
- 10% discount from selected local bike shops (bikes/accessories only off RRP)
- Updates on all regional and national events and other MTB news
- Monthly e-Newsletters
- Weekly e-News updates
- Colour, Water-proof and Tear-proof trail maps
- Access to over 70km of quality purpose-built MTB trails, within 1400ha @ Eskdale
- Plus other great benefits
- $40 – Junior (U/19)
- $65 – Adult
- $85 – Family of 2 or 3
- $95 – Family of 4, 5 or 6
- $110 – Group (Schools/Clubs, etc – max 15 people p/group)
PS: The 2017-18 Membership system goes live online from Monday 19th June.
NB: During the final 4 months of the membership year (1st March – 18th June), there is a discount off the above fees for the current membership, of:
- $20 off for Junior/Adult memberships
- $30 off for Family/Group memberships
A “Group” membership, is for school or club type groups of up to 15 people per group, where we issue 1x ID tag & map. When riding or running in the forest, all of the group must remain together at ALL times, with the leader carrying the ID tag.
To join up with NZ’s largest mountain bike club, you can either:
- Print off a form (click on grey button below) and post in with the fee, or
- Join Online – Visa or MasterCard only, or
- Call into the clubs office between 10.30am – 6pm Mon-Fri & join up
[Gemco Construction, 13 Martin Place, Havelock North – cash/chq only]
NB: ALL Memberships expire on 30th June, regardless of when you joined up
July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018: only these new look ORANGE ID tags will be ‘legal’ for access into PanPac Eskdale MTB Park. These must be attached to each members bike, or person/bag/helmet & be carried with you within the forest at all times.
REQUIRED FOR ALL BIKERS AND RUNNERS
(visitors to purchase a 3-week MTB visitors permit)
Mountain bike news with local and national content are emailed to HBMTBC members weekly and occasionally to other local and national contacts. If you are not a club member, but wish to receive these weekly e-News, then please just let us know at this link below with your First & Last NAME & email address, and we will happily add you onto the database for FREE. (NB: This does NOT grant you access into Pan Pac Eskdale MTB Park)
MTB VISITOR PERMITS
For non-club members / visitors, who wish to ride at Pan Pac Eskdale MTB Park, must obtain a MTB Visitors Permit, which is valid for three weeks from the date of purchase. These cost $10 per person (incl a trail map) available from any of the following outlets:
- The Hub, Hastings
- Avanti-Plus Hastings, Hastings
- Revolution Bikes, Havelock North (Open 7 Days)
- Pedal Power Avanti-Plus, Taradale
- Napier Information Centre , Marine Parade (Open 7 Days)
- FishBike, Marine Parade, Napier (Open 7 Days)
- Napier City Bike Hire, Marine Parade, Napier (Open 7 Days)
- Marewa Epic Cycles, Kennedy Rd, Napier
- Cranked Cycles, Thackery St, Napier
- Bike Barn, Napier + Hastings
- Cycle Nation, Havelock North
- BayView 4 Square (Open 7 Days)
NB: For family groups ONLY, Visitor Permit’s are FREE for 12 yrs and under (ie: no paper permit required) ONLY providing that they are accompanied by an adult who has current permit.
This permit is also available to purchase here online, via a secure server (Visa or Mastercard ONLY)
Download the Club Constitution (pdf) – HBMTBC Constitution 2015
2016 AGM – Held at East Pier in Ahuriri, Napier, on Monday 4th July
- Powerpoint presentation of Managers Reports – Download HERE (save to your computer, then open file)
- AGM Minutes – Download Here
General Rules of the Forest & the HBMTBC Inc.
- You must always wear an approved hard shell safety helmet that is correctly fitted and enclosed footwear, while riding. Gloves & glasses are recommended as well.
- Bicycles must be in good working order with functional front and rear brakes, Handle bar ends must be plugged and have no sharp edges.
- Riders must not use abusive or use offensive language at events, in an antisporting manner, be disrespectful to other club members or ignore club rules.
- The club reserves the right to exclude any person who breaches the rules or does any act which would or might endanger any other user of the park or user of trails operated by the club.
- Smoking, and Dogs are strictly NOT allowed within the forest at ALL times.
- You must close (securely latch) all gates that you open, & leave all gates as you find them.
- Read, understand and follow all warning signs & any taped off areas, they are there for a reason.
- The old tracks that feed into the firing zone of the Phoenix Pistol Club are CLOSED at ALL times.
- All members must display their current ID Tags (or valid Visitor Permits) when riding in our privately-owned off-road venue. NB: Membership with the Hawkes Bay Mountain Bike Club is also your permit.
- All Logging areas & any operational sites are totally out-of-bounds until the site is replanted, or the warning tape & signs are removed by the contractors.
- The Pan Pac Mill and bark dump site are strictly out-of-bounds at ALL times.
- Treat all tracks as 2-way, except for the select few that are one-way only. Always be prepared for a rider/cattle beast/forestry worker coming the other way.
- You must take all your own rubbish away and leave only tyre marks.
- • Runners must be current members of the MTB club, or obtain a MTB Visitors Permit.
• Runners are encouraged to use the forestry tracks and two-way mountain bike trails.
• If runners use a one-way trail, they must run in the direction the trail is used by bikers ie: run down a downhill trail.
• Runners must give way to ALL bikers.
• Runners must not run with headphones on or music playing.
• ALL users of the MTB Park should be courteous to one another at all times.
• MTB riders should be aware that runners may be on the MTB trails and be prepared to avoid them.