2017 North Island Downhill Series (NZDH)
The NZDH Championship Series is designed and programmed to cater for all various skill levels from within the New Zealand MTB All Mountain category in preparation for future racing.
- #1 – Sat 23 Sept – Rotorua
- #2 – Sat 28 Oct – Napier
- #3 – Sat 18 Nov – Wellington
- #4 – Sat 2 Dec – 440 (Auckland)
- #5 – Sat 16 Dec – Dome (Auckland)
The format is the same for every round:
- 0700 : Gates open
- 0800 : Rego ($60 entry fee on-the-day)
- 0900 : Practice
- 1300 : Practice ends
- 1400 : 1st race run
- 1530 : 2nd race run
- 1700 : Prize giving/results – the fastest of your 2 race runs counts.
- Male : U15, U17, U19, Open 19-29, Pro-elite, M1 (30-39), M2 (40-49), M3 (50+)
- Female : U19, Open 19+
- Non-gender specific : 15 – 75 yrs
A bike – you must have a bike, we don’t care what sort, style, colour or shape (we encourage participation and will not judge you on your ride!!)
We encourage that you join your local club, or a club involved in the series. It doesn’t cost much and if you intend on racing the following National Series – you will have to anyway.
The small cost of affiliation/club membership goes a long way to helping clubs put on events like these.
Held on the last Sunday’s of the month. Requires a minimum of 10 riders registered by 10pm on the Thursday before, for the shuttle day to go ahead. This is all thanks to club member Steve Eustace, who will be organising these monthly shuttle days.
Minimum of 2 x 12-seater rental vans with purpose-built club bike trailers, 1 doing the Mint/Tinker run (approx 10 minute turn-around), the other on the Olivers Twist/Grand Traverse circuit (approx 15-20 minute turn-around), possibly alternating with some Stingray runs, depending on demand.
- $20 p/person (or, max $50 per family)
- unlimited amount of shuttles between 10am-2pm
- Registration is required. (This will also determine number of shuttle vans required)
- Registration cut-off is 10pm of the Thursday prior.
- OTD entry will be available ONLY if there are any available seats (so don’t rely on it), with a $40 entry fee p/person (cash only).
- (all registered riders must be current orange tag club members, or have a valid visitor permit).
Please pay via online banking into the HBMTBC westpac account # 03-0658-0212392-00 – insert “Shuttle Day” in the details.
Please ALSO register via email to: email@example.com with name(s) attending and ID tag# /notification you’ve joined, or a visitor.
Any surplus funds raised, after running costs, will go towards new trail development at Pan Pac Eskdale MTB Park.
Click on the Event Results page for all club hosted events held over the last couple years.